Accepting suggestions for a snappier title since 2009

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blocking the Shawl

To recap, I'm knitting a Pi shawl out of a silk-wool laceweight. I ran low on yarn with the bind off still to go, so I'm binding off with a single ply of Louisa Harding Mulberry.

The silk has a much different hand than the silk/wool. I swatched some knit lace and it just doesn't look very good. Blocking should help, but I think that blocking the two together won't work well for the silk/wool (it's just a gut feeling). To avoid this, I've bound off the shawl by crochet with a chain-2 in between each knit stitch. My plan is to block this alone and then crochet on a border in the silk.

The shawl is soaking in the washer with some Eucalan now. Here's how it looked before I put it in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rhymes with "faux."