Accepting suggestions for a snappier title since 2009

Saturday, October 24, 2009

So much new Yarn

First, I received a yarny surprise from my sister:

The solid brown is cotton. The variegated is very soft bamboo.

Then at YarnCon, I bought this from Yarn Hollow:

Hand Dyed silk/merino in all of my favorite colors. I plan to make the cuffs, collar and button band of a cardigan out of this. As soon as I find (make?) a pattern.

I also bought a mystery bag from Chicago Knitters United for $5. One skein was (unlabeled) acrylic and I passed it along to Goodwill. One is Cascade Pima Tencel in the color Turmeric. Very cheery. The other two are unlabeled and I'm not sure of the content. If I can find a book of matches, I'll do a burn test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Rhymes with "faux."